Thursday, July 5, 2012

Morning #6 is no different...................

Morning #6 means we are past half way to Sunday of when AEP promises power to the five homes in my neighborhood without.

Morning #5 brought my Ford Explorer to it's knees by not wanting to go faster than 35 miles per hour and the temperature light coming on due to the high rpm.  My goal was Lowes to buy facia siding to replace what the windy beast removed from my home.

Refusing to call for a ride, I dropped my vehicle at Browns Transmission and walked home. When asked why I walked, I would reply that I was pretending my buggy wheel broke and I was walking back to the farm.

By the end of the day, Applebees, Target, Pizza Cottage and Meijers had more money in their registers.

2 comments:

Steve Layman said...

28Breakfast Friday morning. My treat. I'll pick you up 7:30ish. S

Rick Platt said...

I have an App that tracks how long since our power went out. I guess having an app makes me ineligible to become truly Amish.

We just hit the 139 hour mark.

It is discouraging.