Friday, January 2, 2009

CUSTOMER SERVICE-MY GOAL



Pride and passion for your profession brings great customer service. Anna of Anna's Cuban Cafe reminded me of how to be successful, good customer service makes people talk about your business and brings you new business.

Anna was excellent at customer service: I would ask for coffee at 6am (she apologized to me one morning because she opened ten minutes late), she would then ask if I wanted American or Cuban coffee. Once I said Cuban, she would ask if I wanted milk or half & half. Once I would say no thank you, she would suggest a slice of the banana nut bread made by her daughter-in-law. I watched as she would take the orders, fix the order and yell out that it was ready. She always smiled and tried to be more than helpful.

All day long, there would be a line at her restaurant, if a table and chair was not available, people would stand and eat. Constantly she would ask people while doing her chores if everything was okay. Her customer service made people come back to her small diner, but also made her customers tell others. I know during my short stay, I told several people about Anna and her diner. My only hope is that I brought her some new business and the same referred folks will bring her additional new business, as far as I am concerned this is why you offer good customer service.

Within our community we have several companies that give excellent customer service and then there are the companies that do not exhibit any customer service. The second group need to go to Anna's school and watch for or a day or two.

My goal for the New Year, 50% of my transactions for 2009 are to be obtained threw new clients, the same goal I hope for Anna has with Anna's Cuban Cafe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to go meet Anna and spend a couple weeks with her!