Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ALWAYS LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER

NO MATTER WHAT BUSINESS YOU ARE IN, YOU SHOULD LOOK OVER
YOUR SHOULDER AT ALL TIMES AND HAVE A HERO

FALLON: Where were you at the time?

HILFIGER: I was in upstate New York. We were opening stores on college campuses. My partners and I were also partying it up at Studio 54 and Max's Kansas City and hanging out in the city and not really paying attention to the business. So that was a lesson learned.
FALLON: In your secret diary that no one reads, who do you say that you're jealous of?

HILFIGER: Who am I jealous of? Every time I pass a Ralph Lauren store, I think, I know he's been in business for more than 40 years and I've only been in business for 25, but, boy, do I ever want what he's got.
FALLON: At what point were you like, "Man, I'm successful. This is working."

HILFIGER: I think it's dangerous to think that you're successful, because then you become complacent. I think you've got to stay humble. In this business, you have to look over your shoulder at all times because you can lose it all with the snap of a finger.


No comments: