Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sister is the best reminder

My sister Robin, a year younger than me after I taught her how to read when I was in first grade, took off and her mind is like a rich man's vault.



She followed up with yesterday's blog. (at least I know someone who watched the same shows as I)



She reminded me and after twenty minutes, I also remembered. Our mother on Sunday nights would allow us to stay up for an extra half hour to watch Sea Hunt on television.



Some other great shows: Highway Patrol, The Real McCoys, Rifleman, Wagon Train, F Troop



I promise no more TV show blogs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A rich man's vault that is suffering the effects of this economy; it, too, is slowly leaking. (I'd rather blame the economy than age!) Wagon Train -- Mom loved Robert Horton and his Palomino. Good times/great memories.....R

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Pat. The rifleman was one of my favorite shows growing up. My 10 year old daughter and 12 year old son are now hooked on Little House on The Prairie, Bonanza, and the Walton’s. T.V. nowadays is too fast with zero message other then your parents no nothing, you run your own life, and you always have anything you want when you want it. The so called children’s programming on Disney is nothing like it was in my day. You hardly see the parents’ involvement with the children and when you do they are made to look like stupid unconnected parents. There is no real story line and it’s hip for a kid to boss the parent, be disrespectful, etc. I got my children watching these other shows to show them the difference a real story being told and what clearly is a 30 minute commercial on those other so called kids’ shows.