Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Jack Harden, Don Gunnerson, Glen Abel

For the past couple of weeks, a minute here & twenty minutes there I played Jack, Don & Glen in a way. The three are famed architects from Licking County, not just in Licking County, Ohio, but nationwide. I have always admired there upbeat modern designs of the past 40 years or so. I have been lucky to know all three.

I have always enjoyed Frank Lloyd Wright's designs and skills. If I would ever move again, it would be to a modern designed home. It would not be as grand as Fallingwater in Pennsylvania.

The project and photos below was all made possible by Lego's Architecture Series (811 pieces) and my birthday gift from my sister Robin. Please note the set is for 16 years old and over!



"Bring out he nature of the materials, let their nature intimately into your scheme...
Reveal the nature of the wood, plaster, brick or stone in your designs,
they are all by nature friendly and beautiful."
Frank Lloyd Wright-1908

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love it! It makes me smile because you had fun with it. Thanks for posting the photos.

cheri said...

Impressive! I love legos. It doesn't matter what the age - they are always enjoyable.