Sunday, July 4, 2010

FOURTH OF JULY, TRADITIONS


For the past 35 years or so, the Fourth of July has been a no brainer, people visit our home.

It all started off when we lived on North 33rd Street for 27 years. Next door the Moundbuilders Country Club held a fireworks display. Family and friends would visit our home. Thus trash the next day.

Moving to a home adjoining the OSU-Newark campus did not change anything, great firework display and trash continue to find me on the next day.

The amazing thing: besides family joining in the fun, there were some very close friends, people I know and people I do not know. This year was big change for us, due to Andrew's friends ages every time I turned around there was a "kid". Cleaning the yard up today to find glow sticks, bug zappers, bug houses and a shoe proved that just because they are little does not mean they have "little" trash.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Ohhhh....I see a lot of recyclables in there.... Glad it was fun.

Dave said...

Pat I think the kid,s added a lot of fun to the evening. Missed Robin & Tom. Thanks for including Nancy & I. Life is complete with friends like you. Dave

AEP_Carey said...

If you found a little blue Lightin' McQueen among the trash, please don't toss it out. It's Declan's.

Thanks for another great party!