Sunday, July 12, 2009

A GREAT SALESPERSON AT CVS



















Today, salesmanship is gone, all store clerks and salespeople wait for the purchaser to ask to buy a product. A good salesperson always asks for the sale, if you don't ask often the results will never be in your favor.

This morning I stopped by the CVS (Store #3094) on East Main Street in Newark, Ohio. I was looking for a yellow highlighter. I found a set of four marked "2 for $3", there was only one set. I went to the front counter and asked Cashier #000060 if this set since there was only one on the rack would be $1.50. She asked her superior and came back and surprised me by saying, yes.

Now the real salesperson came out: as she was ringing up my order she asked "would you like a pack of Gummy Worms for $0.99". I looked around to see if there were kids standing behind me that she may have mistaken for mine, no kids and I said no thank you. She then completed my transaction.

After paying, I paused for a moment and ask if she received a bonus for selling the Gummy Worms, she said the store was having a "sort of contest". It impressed me that she would make sure to ask for the sale along with her customer service quality, I purchased two packs of Gummy Worms. She was a great salesperson.

I am sending this post to CVS, in hopes that they will give Cashier #000060 of Store #3094 an extra gift card for taking such good care of Transaction #7726. It would be interesting to return the Gummy Bears, just to see if I end up buying five more packs of candy, this would be the real test.

3 comments:

Sean M. Carpenter said...

Patrick,

The great thing about the demise of good customer service is that you know it when you see it. It always amazes me how little it takes to stand out from the masses in the area of "good service" - using the customers name, smiling, saying "thank you" or just showing that you care.

It is really nice that you did something about it too. Actually, you did more than one thing about it.

Sean

PS How were the gummy worms? Did they bother your dentures? :-)

Robin said...

Hey, would you like to buy a P.E.O. cookbook?? You're a good guy and probably made the salesperson's day, too.

Licking County Chamber said...

Would you like to sponsor the Groundhog Breakfast in 2011??? Thought I would ask.