Sunday, May 10, 2009

Beautiful Wedding


Yesterday was the highlight of my Spring social schedule. A beautiful day for an outdoor wedding at Granville's Bryn Du Mansion. NFD Capt. Jim Lewis and wife Judith have a great family, three wonderful daughters and really know how to plan a wedding.
Sitting on the veranda during the ceremony, I could not help but think of Tuscany, one of my favorite regions of Italy. Surrounded by stone buildings, stone walls and a country side view of the bright green grasses and trees made this wedding special.
One of my key blogs to follow held a post of Italian men not wearing socks while dressed in suits and ties. Yesterday, minutes before leaving my home for the wedding I decided to take Will's post and advice. (I can promise there will be very few occasions for this action again.) Click here to read Will's post.
Photo above: NFD Engine 3 driver Dave Baughman, NFD & proud father of the bride Capt. Jim Lewis, NFD Asst. Chief Tom O'Brien.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Nice tribute but did you wear a knit tie, also?

Jim Lewis said...

You were the belle of the ball....or should I say ball...oon.

Licking County Chamber said...

For Mother's Day I recieved the book Under The Tuscan Sun, one of my fav movies. Someday I will get there in person.