Thursday, November 6, 2008

FRIED CHICKEN TO GO

I just read a Fox News article about a lady causing problems while in flight and the flight attendants used duct tape to subdue her until the plane made an emergency landing. You can read the entire article here.

This article made me think about a terrible flight from Atlanta to Columbus, Ohio. I was flying by myself, which is kind of fun for me because it seldom happens. As we boarded the plane, the lady (more like an aging adult woman) in front of me had a plastic bag with the Church's Chicken logo. I did not think anything about it, but we ended up sitting next to each other.

Well the lady was in the middle with me having the aisle seat. As soon as we were "wheels up" the plastic bag came out. She had a four piece dinner with green beans and corn on the cob. I never in my life had been so miserable. Greasy fingers, chin, pull down tray, used paper napkins you could now see through. The lesson learned was that I found out one can suck on a chicken bone to make sure you are able to eat the last drop.

Why can I remember the green beans? While standing at the merry-go-round for luggage pick up, I looked down and I had part of a green bean on the toe of my shoe.

No comments: