Monday, November 24, 2008

CHRISTMAS SOCKS


I am not worried about the long socks hanging from the mantle for Santa to fill, but worried that someone will buy me socks for Christmas.

The other day I did some shopping for socks and was amazed I could not find the socks that I have worn for 40 years, Gold Toe, to the knee, 90% wool. The socks available were so hideous, I can not believe there are men who would wear such things, but do believe there are mothers and grandmothers who would buy them as gifts.

I found my socks on line and have ordered a supply which should last me the remainder of my life. This was easier than I thought compared to my quest to find a hard knit, dark navy blue Shetland wool sweater. I have always had at least one and wear them often, but I have holes in the elbows and can not find a replacement. I figured a good hard knit Shetland sweater will last me for 12 years, so I will need to buy three so I will covered through age 95. After age 95, the odds are that I will not know the color of sweater I have on besides, nursing homes always have the heat on so high.

Click her for some fashion guidelins on men's socks.

No comments: