Wednesday, January 19, 2011

NEVER TO OLD TO LEARN NEW TRICKS

One of Licking County's most successful commercial real estate investors and prominent commercial real estate broker after almost forty years in the business has set a new goal for this year.

Steve Layman attended two seminars in November during a local real estate convention instructed by Sean Carpenter. During the next month Sean, Coldwell Banker King Thompson's corporate trainer was offering a series of courses, designed to pump agents up to do business in 2011. Steve asked if he could attend one of the classes. I believe this makes him a Sean groupie, nothing to be embarrassed about because I consider myself as one to.

The photos above shows you Steve's plan of blocking out times during the day and week for prospecting, making calls to past clients, contacting and updating sellers, for appointments and also reserving time for his family. He keeps his daily record of his progress on another page. Outstanding to take on a new habit when what you have been doing over the years works well. Steve is set for the challenge, exercising his want to improve himself.
I have one issue with his weekly chart, no open house scheduled on Sunday. Commercial guys: I always wonder what they do on Sundays.

2 comments:

Sean M. Carpenter said...

Thanks for the nice article about someone who listens and then takes action. I am glad I was able to inspire Steve to get busy "building relationships, solving problems and having more fun" in 2011.

LP said...

I have a theory on that Patrick but I can't share it publicly.
LP