Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Declutter Your Keychain!



I carry three keys: car, office front door and one for the door to my personal office. I keep a couple of keys that are needed once a year or so in my car, unmarked and kind of hidden.

It would be interesting to find out the national average weight of key rings carried by Americans. I imagine it would end up in the quarter of a pound range. Several times over the years I have had prospects while showing homes, visiting my office or home walk in and set down a quarter pounder key ring. After the showing, they have forgotten their keys on the counter top and we have had to go back to the home to find the ring. Personally, I have no rear pocket bulge created by a quarter pounder ring, but maybe a bulge from too many quarter pounders. If your key ring is so large and heavy they can not be carried comfortably in your rear pant pocket or jacket pocket, get rid of some keys.

Then there are the discount plastic cards with a bar code on key rings. Bent, faded, smeared or stuck together. I never have the cards with me, Mrs. G. is in possession of most, so I have to borrow a card before shopping.

Last night I found CardStar, electronically keeping the cards on my Blackberry and ready for shopping. Scott Levitt gave me all the information I needed.

As of today, I have never heard of someone making it to Heaven because they carried a quarter pound of keys throughout their life on earth. So I am sticking to three.

No comments: