Monday, November 8, 2010

THANK YOU!

My mother was very strict about a couple of things, saying Thank You, your Welcome and wearing a shirt with a collar when going out. Two very important words in today's society that we don't hear as often as we should.

8:30 Sunday morning, the first person I spoke to was while paying at the McDonalds drive up pay window, the young lady made me feel good with a thank you, then a short drive to the pick up window with next young lady offering me a thank you, once again.

Friday night I tended bar for my good friends of the Newark, Ohio Fire Department at the Firefighter's Ball (17.5 cases of beer) and then last night tending bar once again at the Licking County Chamber's Brew & Wine Fest (could not count the bottles of wine & cases of beer served, only have 20 digits to work with).

Both evenings there was a tip jar at the bar (firefighters do not use a jar, it is a fire boot), tips were always given by customers with all the additional funds given back to the organization. I wonder if a part of the generous tips was because of saying "Thank You" time after time.

To all my readers, if you are not in the habit, get into one. This will make your day better, your business better and my mother happy.

1 comment:

Robin said...

THANK YOU for posting this. She would be very happy.