Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bruce Humphrey

The first photo of myself ever to be published in the Newark Advocate, was taken by Bruce Humphrey. I must have been about 3rd grade, the photo of myself and a girl (who I have wonder who she was) was publicity for the Newark Area Jaycee's upcoming Pancake Day.

Seeing Bruce for the first time, I thought he looked like a "beatnik" or a Maynard G. Krebs type due to his hair cut and beard. Throughout the years, he has always been very visible around town, during the past five or six years his blogging in the Newark Advocate and his personal blog site (click here) I read.

Never agreeing with his thoughts on how the city, county, federal governments or school systems should be operated. In fact he always gave me ammunition to argue with and raised my blood pressure once in a while. But, he was not scared of saying what he thought be it right or wrong.

His part of Licking County history was published today via his obituary, click here to learn more about Bruce.

1 comment:

cheri said...

You know Bruce and I certainly had our disagreements, but he was always very nice when it came to making remarks about my family. I have missed his posts.