Sunday, June 7, 2009

Is it OK to steal hotel amenities?


Several years ago I attended a conference at The Greenbrier located in West Virginia. It was a beautiful setting for a conference and the hotel service, amenities and dining were almost perfect.
Everything had a "G" printed or monogrammed on it, the room robes, golf balls etc. The writing tablets in each room and provided at every one's seat during the conference were printed with the Greenbrier's logo.
Reading the article "Is it OK to steal hotel amenities?" I do not feel bad that laying on my home office desk is a writing tablet with the Greenbrier "G" logo scripted in the center of the paper. After all, I kind of figure they stole the "G" from me.
After reading the article, I feel below normal, because I have never taken a towel, tea set, shampoo etc. On my next trip I will take the small bottle of shampoo, with my head of hair, the small bottle will last me for almost a year.

2 comments:

Jim Lewis said...

Steal a bottle for me. It won't last much for me than you.

Robin said...

This is how I feel about all the amenities at the Fairmont resorts on Bermuda -- the big "F" was put there just for me. Go for the cocktail napkins and you'll never have to buy another monogrammed one to offer your guests!