Monday, October 6, 2008

Retirement-60% have less than $100,000

One of my largest worries at this time is where do I stand financially amongst the rest of the world. Over the past ten years when a good friend would retire, I would ask them the most personal questions anyone could be asked: How much do you have in your 401k, IRAs, Roths etc.

I wanted to compare how my retirement savings was progressing as a small business person versus an employee of a company with formal retirement plans.

It has been clear, I am on track and sometimes maybe ahead. I try not think of being ahead of schedule, this is part of being a believer in you are never doing good enough.

The article below, makes me feel good and sad, but promising.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122204345024061453.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

1 comment:

Sean M. Carpenter said...

Patrick,

Great job on the blog! I am proud of you and your efforts to be not only a top notch agent but a tech saavy one too.

Sean