Monday, October 3, 2011

OCTOBER FIRST MARKS THE END OF ANOTHER YEAR

This past Saturday marked the end of another season, socks are back on except for an occasional over 60 degree day or a stay at home Holiday. April 1st can not come fast enough.

As I struggled putting the Gold Told Windsors (always remember the "W" is for wool) on, I thought about wool and what it means to me.

During the past month on mildly cool mornings I would wear one of three cotton sweaters I own, no substance and somewhat heavy. Today is the first day to wear a Shetland Wool sweater, light, but warm.

All year round I wear worsted wool trousers, suits and blazers, they don't wrinkle, easy to brush off and the weight hangs well. Plus no static cling!

God would have not created sheep if he meant for sweaters, socks and suits not to be wool. Someone has to make October 1st, National Sheep Day.

To all sheep: Thank you guys!

Click here for one of my old post "RIP" about going sockless and excuses why to go sockless.

No comments: