Thursday, May 26, 2011

THE POST-PC ERA!

According to the Columbus Dispatch article "Big Dose of Tablets", tablets have taken over and as a proud owner of an Ipad, I have found the following:


1. My tablet has not taken over the use of my desktop (office) or my laptop (home), but close.

2. I have never owned an Apple computer, but if one is anything like the Ipad I can see why people like Apple and brag constantly.

3. Traveling to China was a little more comfortable due to not dragging a wheeled laptop bag. Connection to the Internet via wifi in the hotel or on the bus or in a park via AT&T was not a hassle and had perfect connections.

4. There is no way you can know a thing about all 500,000 available apps. But have found apps so I can open Excell, Word etc. docs. Also apps that tune in the Newark Fire Department, find the weather, a compass for direction, to find a certain business with map by speaking, maps with directions, write out notes by hand, complete pdf files and actually sign the document and of course all of my social media outlets.

5. It is great to sit in your easy chair holding a pad compared to balancing a laptop on two legs.

6. An Ipad is great for making presentation to clients at their home, clear & crisp. I can email the presentation from their dining room.

7. I can be in my car and the Realtor.com app will locate all homes for sale in a set radius. If I am lost, the GPS is quick and easy to use.

8. AT&T has better coverage in Licking County than I thought it would. Also, I don't have to sign up for service if I will not be using a cellular connection.

9. Every time I turn the Ipad on, I have learned something new.

10. I understand what a cloud is and it has been very helpful transferring documents from a computer to the Ipad.

11. I now read more news, feel like I am a little more mobile than trying to search the web on my Blackberry (I will not trade it in for a Iphone).


I could live life without a tablet, but life is a little easier with it.



2 comments:

Rick Platt said...

Well put.

I'd love to know the App that let's you monitor broadcast frequencies.

Ray V. said...

I've had mine for a few months and I agree with the observations, but it is much more difficult to blog and post pictures using an iPad than it is on a desk/lap top.