Friday, February 4, 2011

INTRODUCTIONS CAN BE TOUGH

This morning I had the privilege of hosting the Licking County Chamber of Commerce's 55th Groundhog Breakfast. Part of my job at hand was to introduce President E. Gordon Gee of The Ohio State University and to read an extensive bio of our John Alford Community Service Award winner, John J. O'Neill.

The hardest part of my script writing was how to introduce the Groundhog Committee pictured above with Dr. Gee. I have been on this committee for a very long time as well as everyone else, I figure an average of 14 years per person for the group. They are special people doing a very special event that the entire business community looks forward to yearly.

We should have our own television sitcom. Yesterday as we set up 750 places for the attending, I watched how we worked together, joked as we had our pizza lunch as we do during our meetings throughout the year. One last minute change to my script last night came to mind, a television sitcom already has been designed after the committee. It ran from 1994 through 2004 and came to us with the title of "Friends".

2 comments:

Cheri said...

You did a terrific job Patrick! Thanks for all your hard work - it paid off.

Sean M. Carpenter said...

I am honored that I was invoited to be a part of your community's special day. Great job by you, Cheri, Dr. Gee and all volunteers.