Thursday, April 23, 2009

SCHOOL LEVIES AND STATE FARM

Yesterday afternoon was exciting for me. The exciting part was, State Farm's Regional Office cares enough about the Newark Schools and the other Schools in our county and designed a meeting for their employees to listen about how important education is to a community.

Ever since I received the call from Kim Lust of the Regional Office's Public Affairs Division inviting me to be part of a panel with Judge Hoover, NPD Capt. Cochrane, Chamber President Cheri Hottinger, NCS's Keith Richards and NCHS Coach Bill Franks, I felt like it was a honor. State Farm's leader and long time faithful servant to Licking County Eschol Curl was responsible for designing the meeting and made many great comments to all in attendance.

The message, it is time to vote for a levy. The only way I thought to convey my message was to explain how our community has an addiction problem against school levies and it was the positive citizen's responsibility to take the addicts through detoxification, clean up their mind and make them understand the importance of education.

I am very proud of every one's presentation and of State Farm.


On a fashion note: Eschol Curl is one of the best dressed men in Newark. I noted yesterday he wore a short break charcoal trouser with Alden's Original Tassel Dress Moccasin, my favorite pair of shoes I personally own.

No comments: