Sunday, August 15, 2010

MEN'S SHORTS

This is the time of the year most men have the chance to wear short pants to a casual social event, golf outing or just to the annual family picnic. Yesterday I attended a golf outing and latter on in the day attended an outdoor function. I am so surprised to see so many men walking around in shorts below their knees with baggy pockets and all kinds of loose strings hanging.
I spent sometime last night looking for ideas. The perfect man's short pant inseam is about 7", shorter are for a sporting event. One article suggested if you can not find the style shorts you like, buy a pair of trousers and have them altered into a pair of walking shorts.
The long baggy with all the pocket short pants does not make a man over 30 look younger. It just makes him look like his mother bought shorts for him and hope the large size will last for the next two summers as he grows.

1 comment:

twistedByKnaves said...

But my knees burn...

I prefer to think of myself as a hardy Corsican peasant with my trousers cut conveniently short, at the top of the calf. I'm with you on the absurd pockets, though.

If I ever come to Newark, I'll be sure to dress appropriately in the shortal zone.